Generate Attachment Match Table

03-01-2013 08:56 AM
PaulStephenson
Occasional Contributor III
Hi All,

I had (quite happily) been using the 'Generate Attachment Match Table' in the 10.1 environment as part of the process to include attachments with some point data. For unknown reason(s) it seems to have just quit on me. The last number of times I've run the tool I just get an empty output  warning along with error 000590 for an empty input or parameter of some sort. I've tried all sorts of different inputs and input locations with these same results. The last two times I tried running the process in ArcMap, the program crashed upon exiting(?). Production on this front at a stand-still I've come here to seek advise. What information would be most useful for troubleshooting this issue, and has anyone else discovered the same kind of problem?

Thanks

Paul
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you able to provide a sample of the data you're working with?  If so, we can test here and see if it's the data or something within your installation that has become corrupt.  I assume it's not the data, since it's been working, and you've tried different data.
0 Kudos
PaulStephenson
Occasional Contributor III
Hi j.quinn,

I ended up painfully sticking with this, and found (after going in countless wrong directions) that the problem simply had to do with the Key Field input to the tool. The file names of the previous sets of successful attachments had been much more closely related to fields in the data with which I was using, and lulled me to overlooking that detail later. I believe all is well here now.

Thanks so much for the reply!

Paul
0 Kudos