kmacleod

Measurement: work with local API?

Discussion created by kmacleod on Feb 18, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 19, 2013 by Jian
We are running a site with the API local. We put Dojo in its own folder (outside the folder with the ESRI API files) for organizational purposes.

I am not sure but I think this is causing a problem for the Measurement widget. in Firebug it says "this.distance is undefined" on line 15, Measurement.js. I copied it in from the Measurement sample. So, the titlePane shows up in the upper right of course (using HTML right from ESRI sample) but the dijit never instantatiates. The 3 little icons of the measure tools never show up, only the divider line below where they should be.

I'm guessing there an issue with pathing with Measurement.js? I.e. a hardcoded path or something depending on dojo being reached with relative paths ../ or the like?

Dojo highlights the fact it is a modular system. So in theory this should work just fine. The rest of our site and widgets work great. Also, we re-pointed to all Dojo and extra packages (i.e. AGSJS TOC, WURadar) with dojoConfig.

I have put the code on GitHub. ESRI staff or anyone else seen this, and have any advice or know what is happening here? Thanks!
https://github.com/kevinsagis/MeasureWidgetLocalAPI

Note, I've stripped the actual ESRI API files due to concerns for licensing/redistributing, but I assure, they're just as they come in the API (minus the Dojo 1.8 which are in the separate folder as is apparent in the GitHub repo)...the esri API files were in  js / lib / esri.  However, are we allowed to post the API? If so I can re-add them back for convenience...but just put ESRI API files into the empty esri folder here in js/lib/esri and this site will run, just not the Measurement.

Outcomes