FeatureLayer from json: problem with queries and popup

02-13-2013 06:14 AM
SantiagoLastra
New Contributor
Hi, everybody
I've tried this code proposed in JSFIDDLE:
http://jsfiddle.net/xnNar/

Everything "seems" to work fine, but not always. If you go down to the closer scale (level 21 I suppose) and click several times on different points of the line, sometimes you get a popup with the text "(1 of 3)" in the black section of the popup and sometimes you get the text "Buck Creek 3". Once you press in the arrow keys of the popup, this title doesn't return, you will always have the "(x of 3)" text and, besides, the order is a bit strange. Pressing the right arrow, it passes from "Buck Creek 3" to "Buck Creek 2" and after that to "Buck Creek 3" again. It's needed to press the left arrow to get to "Buck Creek 1".
I have built a similar example, replacing lines with points in the json. In this case, I never get the "(1 of 3)" text when the popup has just opened. Now, similarly, if I press the arrow keys of the popup, I always get the "(x of 3)" text. And with points I have same problem with the order.
Do you know if it's possible to modify this behavior? I prefer having the "(1 of 3)" text from the very beginning and see the elements in the right order.
Thanks in advance,
Santiago
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SantiagoHorcajo
New Contributor II
More information.
I think the problem is related to the matter that the feature layer is coming from a JSON, because if I create it from an ArcGIS Server URL I'm not able to reproduce the problem. But the question is that I need to take the data from the JSON.
The original code was proposed by Derek Swingley (a Senior Member of this forum). I have modified it to addapt it to a JSON of points. To clarify what is happening, I have added an alert. Take a look at the title and position of the popup before and after the alert. Here it is:
MyJSFIDDLE
Thanks in advance,
Santiago
0 Kudos
SantiagoHorcajo
New Contributor II
Is there somebody who can help me to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance,
Santiago
0 Kudos
SantiagoHorcajo
New Contributor II
Finally, I solved the problem by myself.
You can find the code in: http://jsfiddle.net/fvkeD/12/
0 Kudos