jmward

Reverse Proxy and ArcGIS Server 10.1

Discussion created by jmward on Jan 29, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2013 by albertoaloe
I have a reverse proxy web server set up that worked with ArcGIS Server 10.0 and served up several applications.  I used this technical article to set it up.  I have now upgraded to ArcGIS Server 10.1 and I am having problems getting the reverse proxy server to connect to my ArcGIS Server.  I have Apache running on the reverse proxy machine, so the way I understand it, I am unable to use the Web Adaptor (submitted an idea here so vote for it).

Is there anyone out there in my situation that has their reverse proxy up and running?  If I remember right, I had to set up a publisher connection to ArcGIS server through my reverse proxy machine and set up several folders.  Is that still the case?

I have a simple flex viewer app working but I can only see my operational layers when I use the localhost address.  I get the following error when I go through either my reverse proxy machine or the intranet:

[INDENT]Parcel Query Layer layer failed to load: Fault code: Channel.Security.Error
Fault info: Security error accessing url
Fault details: Destination: DefaultHTTP
[/INDENT]
The esri imagery basemap shows up fine, just my services don't show.

I would be very grateful for any help, tech support is not responding as quickly as I would like.

Thanks,

Outcomes