get feature from %Scratchworkspace%

01-28-2013 09:41 PM
meriyalootka
New Contributor III
Hi
I have a model that it has an input and an output. It's output is a scratchworkspace. But I don't know how can I get feature from scratchworkspace. because I need to use output feature for other parts of my model.
Please help me.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewChapkowski
Esri Regular Contributor
Think of %ScratchWorkspace% is just a reference to the scratch workspace environmental variable in ArcGIS Desktop.

To see where the data is being stored, just click on
1. Geoprocessing Menu Bar Item
2. Select Environments...
3. Expand 'Workspace'

You can set or view the location of the scratch workspace.

To use the output in another model, as long as the output model is a parameter (the little P is next to the bubble), then the next model should see this as an output and use it.
0 Kudos
meriyalootka
New Contributor III
Think of %ScratchWorkspace% is just a reference to the scratch workspace environmental variable in ArcGIS Desktop.

To see where the data is being stored, just click on
1. Geoprocessing Menu Bar Item
2. Select Environments...
3. Expand 'Workspace'

You can set or view the location of the scratch workspace.

To use the output in another model, as long as the output model is a parameter (the little P is next to the bubble), then the next model should see this as an output and use it.

Many thanks
I want to use an unzip.py to extract a zip file and using zip's contents(shp or...) for next steps in my model. I can use unzip.py, but I can not access extracted features. please help me.
0 Kudos
AndrewChapkowski
Esri Regular Contributor
For a python script, %Scratchworkspace% = arcpy.env.scratchWorkspace
0 Kudos
meriyalootka
New Contributor III
For a python script, %Scratchworkspace% = arcpy.env.scratchWorkspace

Please help me more clearly. I described my reason, but I don't understand what should I do!!!
I,m wait for your solution.:)
Regards
0 Kudos