Select to view content in your preferred language

Subtypes & domains in editable feature service

01-22-2013 06:16 PM
TobiasFimpel
Regular Contributor
Context: I am building an arcgis.com map with two layers, both of which are editable feature services pointing to the same SDE point feature class (point features representing street signs). The feature class has a subtype field (the kind of sign) and a number of attribute domains for each subtype. The first feature service layer that symbolizes the points based on the subtype field works as expected.

Problem: The second feature service symbolizes the points based on a different attribute (condition), and none of the domain descriptions show up in pop-up boxes. Only the integer values and not the domain descriptions of coded value domains are displayed.

My question: Why is this the case? And how can I have the domain descriptions (instead of the integer values) displayed in pop-up boxes for an editable feature service that symbolizes my data NOT on the subtype field but on a different field instead?

This is my first post here, so please let me know if something is unclear. Thanks for your time! -Tobias
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you publish a link to your web map here?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel
Regular Contributor
Here is a link to the map. Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
ToddZielsdorf
New Contributor
Did anyone find a solution to this problem as I am in the same situation?
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Unfortunately, the services in Tobias' map are no longer available. I think the problem has to do with using a class breaks renderer rather than a unique value renderer on the data. Todd, are you also using a class breaks renderer?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos