Difference between Identify task & Attribute Info in ArcGIS Java Script API

Jump to solution
12-27-2012 12:38 AM
SunilPalkar
Occasional Contributor
Hello All,

I am little bit confuse in between Identify task and attribute info task.

According to research, both are displaying attribute information

1. Interestingly if one point contains multiple attribute then Identify task shows multiple records while
Attribute window display only single record

2. Identify task displays the information if record is hidden in certain cases while Attribute window not.

3. If you are using Dynamic layers in ArcGIS Java Script API then you cannot use Attribute window option while identify task works for both (i.e. feature layer and Dynamic layer)

So what exactly difference between them?  & which is recommended?

Any help will be great??? thanks in advance : )
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
i know what you mean by identify task, but im not sure i understand what the attribute info task is.

if you are referring to this sample, it is the popup widget which actually supports the ability to toggle through multiple returned features, rather than the identify task itself.

i think reading through the conceptual help for infoWindows might be pretty helpful to get a better understanding of how attributes are displayed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
i know what you mean by identify task, but im not sure i understand what the attribute info task is.

if you are referring to this sample, it is the popup widget which actually supports the ability to toggle through multiple returned features, rather than the identify task itself.

i think reading through the conceptual help for infoWindows might be pretty helpful to get a better understanding of how attributes are displayed.
0 Kudos
SunilPalkar
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the reply..I will check the example... thanks a lot once again : )

0 Kudos