calculating number of rast cells contain values between....

12-05-2012 12:52 PM
ScottRogerson
New Contributor
Hello All,

I am looking for a quick and easy way to calculate the number of cells that are inbetween two values. Pretty much I have euclidean distance values which I have the symbology values to the following: 0-100, 100-200, 200-400, 400>. I would like to know how many cells are in each of these groups without having to reclass the raster (it's a huge file and these groupings are only experimental).

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidPetrey1
New Contributor III
If the raster you are working with is an integer grid then it should have an attribute table with Value and Count so you can simply Select the values between 100-200 and get the Sum of the counts for that field by right clicking on the field name in the attribute table and choosing Statistics. If you have selected values the Statistics just for the selection will appear.

If there is no attribute table use the 'Build Raster Attribute Table' Tool for an Integer grid.

If your raster has decimal values you will probably need to reclassify it first, making 0-100 a value of 1, 100-200 a value of 2, etc. Then use the attribute table from this to get the counts you need.

Hope the above helps. If so please mark the question as answered to let others know.

David

simplyGIS Ltd. Making GIS simple.
www.simplygis.co.uk/GISTraining.html
0 Kudos