Export Web Map Task for 3076 features

12-04-2012 02:11 PM
SmaranHarihar
New Contributor III
I am trying to use Export Web Map Task but it has a limit of 1000 records, how can I use this service or replicate this service to execute my print command.

Any suggestions? I am working on ArcServer 10 not 10.1 and so cannot use the new print task and print widget.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
since you're attempting to execute a print request (from our sample server which is not intended to be utilized by production applications :)), what is the benefit of passing the geometry and attributes of over 1000 features?

come to think of it, even in an interactive webpage its not possible for end users to work with that many features.

it would probably be a lot more appropriate to work with a dynamicMapServiceLayer to draw the same information.  have you seen our sample which demonstrates how to draw the same data using this technique and use a featureLayer in selection only mode?

we also have an article in the conceptual help related to considerations when working with a large number of graphics.
0 Kudos
SmaranHarihar
New Contributor III
since you're attempting to execute a print request (from our sample server which is not intended to be utilized by production applications :)), what is the benefit of passing the geometry and attributes of over 1000 features?

come to think of it, even in an interactive webpage its not possible for end users to work with that many features.

it would probably be a lot more appropriate to work with a dynamicMapServiceLayer to draw the same information.  have you seen our sample which demonstrates how to draw the same data using this technique and use a featureLayer in selection only mode?

we also have an article in the conceptual help related to considerations when working with a large number of graphics.

Hi John, thanks for the reply.

All my layers are in ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer. The reason I have to work with 3076 features is because that is the number of counties of US and the data needs to display all the info. I am bit confused as to how drawing the features in dynamic map layer (which I am already doing), will help in using the print task?
0 Kudos
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
i'm not sure what you mean.  here is a working sample which prints out a map which displays all the counties in the US as an ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer.

http://jsfiddle.net/jagravois/pvfC6/
0 Kudos