AnsweredAssumed Answered

Data item is inaccessible

Question asked by olivier57 on Nov 11, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2012 by olivier57
Hi,

I'm trying to add a new remote internet linux Oracle 11gR2 datastore to an arcgis 10.1 server and get the error "Data item is inaccessible".

Error is precisely the one described in http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40409 (but linux is not quoted there)

Linux Admin told me that he did install x64 client, got a connection with sqlplus (see below) and he doesn't know what else could he check as he's not a GIS administrator.

machine is Linux-amd64-2.6.32-279.14.1.el6.x86_64

Error occurs using Windows/Arcatalog 10.1 or Arcgis manager. So it must be a connection problem between Arcgis and Oracle on the linux server but I don't see which one it could be. Rights ?

Arcatalog add database connection is ok
save usr/pwd is checked
I was able to create my enterprise geodatabase, add spatial type, copy a feature class to oracle.
add arcgis server is ok

I use sys connection when trying to add datastore from arcgis server. I just set "orcl" and database authentication with "sys/pwd", click ok, no message (which means user/pwd is ok), but it's when I select ok to close datastore register that I get the message.

I tried to add the same os account to oracle, grant all privileges to it, no change.

Thanks very much to any help as I found several threads about it but none with a working answer.

Olivier

SQLPLUS log screen :

[oracle@kj ~]$ sqlplus64 sys@ORCL as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Sat Nov 10 18:20:12 2012

Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Enter password:

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL>

Outcomes