IdentityManagerBase

11-09-2012 12:31 PM
StevenGriffith
New Contributor III
I'm extending an existing application to include maps from an ArcGIS Server (v10.1). I need to add login functions for the ArcGIS server to our existing application login function. Because of this I cannot use the IdentityManager class. I am looking for help implementing secure access functions using IdentityManagerBase. This object appears to have all the functionality I need to get to secure arcgis services, however, there seems to be no documentation or samples on *how* to use this object.

Can anyone at ESRI help with this?

Steve G.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
StevenGriffith
New Contributor III
-- bump --

Can anyone at ESRI help with my request? I need to have

1) some publicly available pages and some private pages. From everything I've read in the documentation, this means that I *must* I must use Token based authentication and that means authenticate at the server, not the webadaptor . I'd love to just set things to authenticate at the WebAdaptor using my LDAP store, but everything I read says that this requires ALL accesses to be authenticated and completely eliminates the possibility of 'public' access.

2) Integrated sign in. This means that the user enters credentials once - I can't have the user sign into my main application and then again to access secured map layers. This means not using the Identity Manager - I need to gain access to secure layers using an already entered userid and password.

So - how do I generate and manage a token in such a way that the Javascript API can use it without using the IdentityManager and forcing users to re-enter their username and password multiple times? Or, is there another way to do this?

Steve G
0 Kudos