javascript api 3.2 setup with iis

11-06-2012 07:06 AM
EricLussier
New Contributor III
Hi,

I'm currently trying the install the arcgis javascript api 3.2 locally

-I have done the modification to the init.js and dojo.js following the instruction found in the sdk.

-I have added the init.js file in the iis documents.

-I have tested and no map is display, and if I turn back to the CDN it works.

Does someone can tell me what I have to do the make the javascript API to work with IIS.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
__Rich_
Occasional Contributor III
Did you add the supplied handler to the default documents list for the directory?
0 Kudos
EricLussier
New Contributor III
Hi,

The only thing I have done after I modified the init.js and dojo.js is to add the init.js in the default documents in the IIS Default Web Site properties.

Can you tell me how to add the suppiled handler  ?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
__Rich_
I think I may be out of date!

Looks like the days of a handler (e.g. default.ashx) being employed to return the core API are gone and these days you point your script element directly at init.js instead.  (The "Deploy a handler" that used to be in the install.htm documentation has been removed...the handler.ashx is still in the zip though)

Is this mentioned in the What's New pages somewhere?

--------------------

Don't forget you have to explicitly link to esri.css in v3.2 - http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jshelp/whats_new.html

Have you got any developer tools to hand e.g. Firebug (in FF) or the built-in tools in Chrome, IE etc. (pressing F12 should launch them) then when you load your page do they report any errors on the network log or in the console?
0 Kudos
EricLussier
New Contributor III
Hi Rich,

I have the esri.css set in the html page.

In IIS default document:

When I used Default.ashx, I get a ReferenceError: dojo is not defined (in firebug).

When I used init.js, I'getting no error (in firebug), but not map displays.

There is no mention on what's new 3.2 about this.

Any idea?

thanks.
0 Kudos
__Rich_
Hi Rich,

I have the esri.css set in the html page.

In IIS default document:

When I used Default.ashx, I get a ReferenceError: dojo is not defined (in firebug).

When I used init.js, I'getting no error (in firebug), but not map displays.

There is no mention on what's new 3.2 about this.

Any idea?

thanks.

I don't suppose you can post your code?  (have you checked the network log to see if anything's failing to download?)
0 Kudos
EricLussier
New Contributor III
Hi Rich,

Thanks for your help.

The cause of the problem was a mistake in the path I had put in the dojo.js ans init.js.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
__Rich_
Glad you've got it working 🙂
0 Kudos