Error -2147024882 Displaying Feature Layer

Jump to solution
11-06-2012 06:01 AM
DanielSanders
New Contributor III
I'm trying to display a feature layer on top of a basemap. However the feature layer doesn't show and I get the cryptic message "Errors on this webpage might cause it to work incorrectly" and "error -2147024882". It doesn't say on what line the error occurred. If I inspect the Request body with Developer Tools, I can see the jsonpCallback with lots of data.
If I change the definition expression (where clause) to select 6 or fewer features, then it works fine (no errors). But as soon as I select more than 6, I get the error. There are only 15 total features in the layer and it is hosted on our own ArcGIS server. I have an ArcGIS Silverlight application that consumes the same layer without any errors. Is there a limit to the amount of JSONP data that can be processed? Any ideas what else might be the cause?

Thanks...
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
__Rich_
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos
2 Replies
__Rich_
Occasional Contributor III
Try this.
0 Kudos
DanielSanders
New Contributor III
Those links were very helpful. I changed the mode to OnDemand which uses autogeneralize and that solved the problem. I also had a query that was causing the same error. Setting the maxAllowableOffset solved it as well.

Thank you for the quick response!
0 Kudos