christopherfricke

SSL on ArcGIS Server 10.1 Windows

Discussion created by christopherfricke on Oct 22, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 by Mtclimber03
I am setting up ArcGIS Server 10.1 on a windows box that already has an SSL Certificate installed.

However, after running through the instructions in the documentation (stepping over the actual request for the SSL certificate), I am unable to access the rest endpoint on 6433.  (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Enabling_SSL_using_a_new_CA_signed_certificate/0154000005wr000000/)

• Everything works great for 6080.

• I get a timeout message when I access the server on 6433 through Firefox.

• The Server log throws the following error every time I try to access the site on 6433 (I have about 30 of these) - <Msg time="2012-10-22T13:32:46,85" type="WARNING" code="7709" source="Admin" process="3104" thread="1" methodName="" machine="LOCALHOST" user="" elapsed="">The Web Server was found to be stopped when it should have been started. Restarting it.</Msg>

Possible scenarios that I think could be causing this:
    Certificate is for IIS not Apache Tomcat/whatever ArcGIS Server uses.  If this is the case, the documentation does not specify what SSL certificate is required.
    [LIST=1]Machine name is Localhost not the real Hostname.  If this is the case, than it should be included in the documentation.

I know a few people have run into issues with this, how have you all been able to fix this issue?

Outcomes