Search Service and mapped client drives?

02-21-2013 09:15 AM
mattwilkie
Occasional Contributor III
With ArcGIS Server (10.1), is it possible to register a folder to the Search Service for indexing using one path, and serve it to users with another? how?

For example the server sees \\geodata-server\data and \\geodata-server\maps while the clients use Z:\ and Y:\ respectively.

Under .../arcgiserver:6080/arcgis/manager/site.html >> Date Store I've registered and validated the folders, and successfully published map services with these settings, but the data store settings appear to be ignored by Search Service: search results in the clients show the UNC path.

Data Store:

[INDENT]   Name: Repository
   Publisher Folder Path: Z:\
   Publisher Folder Hostname: geodata-server
   Server Folder Path: \\geodata-server\data
[/INDENT]

I already tried just using the same mapped drive settings on the arcgis server, but that doesn't work as the server account isn't an interactive logon account and thus the mappings never come into effect.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
CaryGreenwood
New Contributor
Matt,

Thank you for posting this. I am experiencing the same problem.

Anyone know how to accomplish this on ArcGIS Server 10.2?  Particularly when determining a location for an SDE connection file to be accessed by search services on the server (c:\arcgisserver\sde) and a network path for individuals users to locate the SDE data connection (\\server\sde)?  Virtual directories do not seem to be a solution as the Search Service path to the SDE publishes the local path to the Enterprise Search option in ArcMap (rather than the network path).

Thanks for any ideas.

Cary
0 Kudos