Error generating usage report

10-22-2012 06:09 AM
NancyMarth
New Contributor II
We have an ArcGIS Online subscription and under the View Status area(using admin privileges), I'm trying to generate statistics for our web site.  But for at least the past few weeks, the wheel keeps churning like it's generating the statistics but after many minutes, I receive pop-up box that says "Error generating usage report."  Is this happening to anyone else?  And why is it hanging?  Doesn't matter for what time period I want statistics, it hangs.

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, there is an issue here. We plan to address this by the end of the week or early next week.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
NancyMarth
New Contributor II
Hi Mike,

Still cannot generate usage statistics and receive the same error.  Is there an update on this?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
The basic problem is that the amount of data we need to read to generate statistics is huge and thus, we are experiencing some timeouts. We are working to improve the performance and have made some adjustments, and it is better, but you may still experience some timeouts when these changes to out (hopefully this week). This fix is going to be a process, not an event. It will get better over time. Thanks for your patience.

Mike
0 Kudos
NancyMarth
New Contributor II
Hi Mike,

Just to check in on this, I understand it will be a process of change on ESRI's end.  I still notice that I a) get the error all the time, and b) the stats still seem to appear like they're generated after I click the "OK" button on the error message, however, the stats are the same no matter what time period I choose.

It's really important for us to monitor two aspects of our stats during this time in order to make some future decisions: our feature storage credits and our bandwidth usage credits used in certain time frames (weekly, monthly, etc).   I'm not concerned about how many credits we have left, we have enough.  Can you check into this again?

Thanks,
Nancy
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
We made a small change in November, but it didn't really improve much. We'll be making another change this week.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos