Select to view content in your preferred language

How to define a webmap object to use with esri.arcgis.utils.createMap()

10-19-2012 11:23 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello all,

I've been looking at one of the samples in the JavaScript API documentation that outlines how to the createMap() function to produce webmap using an object, rather than a webmap ID:  http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jssamples/ags_createwebmapitem.html

Would anyone know of a reference for what the properties of a webmap object may contain?  For example, it would be nice to be able to set the popup configuration for an operational layer, much like what happens if the webmap object is derived from a prepared webmap ID hosted on ArcGIS.com.  Or is it better to rely on generating infoTemplate objects and applying them to feature layers or graphics after the map has loaded?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffJacobson
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks - that's more or less what I was looking for.

I was hoping it would include a reference for the additional data that gets passed back to the createMap function when a webmap is retrieved from ArcGIS.com.  For example, these will include information that defines the popups for layers, if these have been enabled/configured in the webmap.  Does documentation for that exist anywhere?
0 Kudos