JS install on intranet

09-28-2012 05:34 AM
gabrielvazquez
New Contributor
I apologize if this has been discussed or covered already, but I am trying to see if anyone can point me in the direction of documentation for installing the JS API and Dojo on an enclosed environment. This environment does not have access to ESRI/ArcOnline solutions. I did this in the past several JS versions ago, however I cant recall what specific files I altered to make sure the Java API and Dojo scripts are communicating and can be referenced properly. I believe I need to alter some of the paths within specific JS files, but I cannot recall which ones.

I've looked at the newest documentation, http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jshelp_start.htm and I cant seem to locate the documentation. If anyone can assist, provide me documentation or point me in the right direction it would be great.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum
with 3.1 and 3.2 you no longer need to alter files, just copy it over,.
0 Kudos
gabrielvazquez
New Contributor
with 3.1 and 3.2 you no longer need to alter files, just copy it over,.

Are you aware of existing documentation that states this and covers the overall topic of where to place the folders/files?
0 Kudos
__Rich_
Occasional Contributor III
I'm confused, the instructions detailing what to change and in which files are included in the zip that you downloaded.  (namely install.htm and install_linux.htm)

Are you missing those files?
0 Kudos
gabrielvazquez
New Contributor
No you are not confused. Apparently, I am! LOL! I didnt know this documentation existed within the download. Thanks, I will read through it see if it helps to solve the issues I'm encountering. Thank you for the help.

Thanks again, I was able to get it up and running. Still need to edit specific file paths in 2 .js files, but much easier then previous versions.
0 Kudos