fraxinus

decimal separator identify/query

Discussion created by fraxinus on Sep 18, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 20, 2012 by geos_rfleet
Hi, I am working on a web application, and the server is ArcGIS 10.1.

Now I just noticed something very funny - when I do query tasks everything works as it should, but for an identify task, the server returns comma as the decimal separator. The server is located in Norway, and I haven't investigated it further (and experimented) but it is likely that the user account that the server is running under is set to Norwegian regional settings. Setting the user to en-us probably fixes this...

I did some troubleshooting, and I could see the comma-decimal separator in the requests - see the json returned from this query for instance: http://bit.ly/Sxbynh. Note the shape.area attribute/field for instance.

Outcomes