Select to view content in your preferred language

QueryTask error in IE9 when loading more than 900 features (IE8, FF and Chrome works)

09-17-2012 07:03 AM
BerndSchneiders
Emerging Contributor
Hi,

I have a really simple JS mapping application which is just displaying features on a GraphicsLayer.

I`m using QueryTask to load the features.

If I running it on FF 14 and Chrome 21 its displaying about 8000 features without any problem. (Ok, if I have more that 2000 its getting slower).
IE8 can also handle this number of features. But its getting very slow.

When I use IE9, the browser can display about 900 features. But if I want to display more than 2000 features IE9 ends in "SCRIPT14: error -2147024882".
This error occurs just before QueryTask calls the onComplete function.

Is there any limitation for IE9?

Cheers,
Bernd
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnGravois
Deactivated User
it is a known issue that performance degrades when a large number of features are downloaded to the client in IE.  please see the following thread for more information.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/65441-IE-Problems?highlight=slow
0 Kudos
BerndSchneiders
Emerging Contributor
Thank you for the link.

But it does not answer the question for the error. In IE9 my client can´t display 2000 features at all. IE8 does.

Is it an issue with IE9? Anyone else had the same problems?

Cheers,
Bernd
0 Kudos
__Rich_
Deactivated User
As you probably already know, that's an out of memory exception.

I seem to remember that IE9 on Win7 has a lower limit than IE8 (on XP?)...but I may have dreamt that.  (out of interest, are you running 32-bit or 64-bit?)

Either way, that's a lot of features to render/maintain etc. client-side.

Do you really need a graphics layer or could this be done using a server-side renderer?  If the former, are you sure all of your users will have sufficient computing resources to use your app?
0 Kudos
PramodHarithsa1
Frequent Contributor
will changing
Maximum Number of Records Returned by Server: parameter in server help?
0 Kudos
BerndSchneiders
Emerging Contributor
Thank you the out of memory hint.
So I guess this is the problem.
I'm running both IE8 and IE9 as 32-bit on Win7.

I'm already using client-side bitmap rendering (heatmap) for displaying the data, which is really fast. Its just for knowing where the limitation are, so we can tell this our customers before.

cheers,
Bernd
0 Kudos