Select to view content in your preferred language

Javascript Sample Viewer - Massive issues with 3.0api

06-27-2012 06:36 AM
JeffPace
MVP Alum
Yes I know its not supported (which is why I am posting in the forums and not calling support). 

We are commited to the Javascript Sample Viewer, which we have massively customized.  Everything works fine and dandy in 2.8

3.0 (specifically upgrading dojo) destroys it.  I am an in process of trying to repair it / upgrade it, but it seems like changes have to be made everywhere.

SO far:
1. Adding dojo ready to all the widgets
2. IE just doesnt work.  seems like the events link configloadedevent are never published. 
3. Chrome struggles.  So far only firefox works.

Just wanted to open a discussion in case anyone else is working on the same thing and has any insight.

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum
We it looks like, in the ConfigManager, that IE doesnt like executing multiple subscribe events simultaneously.  By changing

dojo.publish("configLoadedEvent", [this.configData]);

to

dojo.publish("controllerConfigLoadedEvent", [this.configData]);
                    dojo.publish("widgetmanagerConfigLoadedEvent", [this.configData]);
                    dojo.publish("datamanagerConfigLoadedEvent", [this.configData]);
                    dojo.publish("mapmanagerConfigLoadedEvent", [this.configData]);

and adjusting the corresponding listeners, and since it is synchronous, you are able to specify the order to make it load properly.

hope this is helpful to anyone still using this.
0 Kudos
ReneeMaxwell
Regular Contributor
Joe I don't use the Sample Viewer but I am having massive difficulties upgrading to 3.0. I'd really like to see more examples of the API in action with dojo 1.7's AMD structure. So far I can't find any samples anywhere (dojo or esri) that use more than 2 dijits/widgets or that don't include a custom module.

I'm having particular difficulty with datastores and data-driven dijits - specifically dojo's filteringSelect and ComboBox.
0 Kudos