esri toolbars draw problem on scrolling page

05-19-2012 03:13 AM
FelixKirathe
New Contributor
Hello,

I have created a page with map object. When i use the draw object all works well and i am able to draw precisely. But the map is abit hidden, so i have to scroll the page to view all the map, here is where i get problems. When you try draw, the drawn object is not on the same position with the mouse, in my case because i scroll downward, the drawn object appears above the mouse pointer.

Hope i have made it clear. Could someone have encountered such a problem and solved it?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
FelixKirathe
New Contributor
No body has come across this ???
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
If you post code to reproduce you're problem you're more likely to get a solution.

This has come up from time to time in the past and is related to the CSS you're using. There are a couple of approaches to try:
�??remove all padding and margin from the DOM node that you pass to the map constructor
�??do not put the div for your drawing toolbar inside the div that you're using for the map
�??call map.resize after you create your draw toolbar
�??use dijit.layout widgets to layout your page components (map in one content pane, drawing toolbar in different content pane).
0 Kudos
FelixKirathe
New Contributor
Hello Derek,

Find attached replication of the code. I am using ext.net for some layout.

Regards,
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
I'm not familiar with ext.net and can't provide any additional guidance. Please try the suggestions I posted in my previous post in this thread.
0 Kudos