Select to view content in your preferred language

How to save my form details in cache when in  Disconnected network?

04-25-2012 12:44 PM
akpagaakpaga
Deactivated User
Hi friends,

I am using the Esri ArcgIs app for IOS...have an inbuilt form that does the transfer of data to server to the SDE tables in when it has Internet(3G) connection but i want it to do the same and store it in cache when there is no internet connection...Is this possible on the IOS?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
12 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
The ArcGIS Application for iOS does not support offline (no internet) editing. However, you can write your application to do so. Here are couple of sample applications to start with,

Online-Offline Editing Sample
Offline Inspections Sample - UC 2011 Plenary Demo

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
akpagaakpaga
Deactivated User
Thank you Nimesh...But I am very new to ESRI usage.Can you please direct me as to how to view those samples..Should I download them only on IOS or can they be useful on PC with windows for testing?

Please let me know.....

Thank You
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
You can only build and view them on Mac with Xcode (Development IDE).

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
akpagaakpaga
Deactivated User
Thanks Nimesh..Will try as you said...
0 Kudos
akpagaakpaga
Deactivated User
Hi Nimesh,

I am able to get A MAc OSx machine now..and Can you please tell me how to open the Smaples in it to view the code or can you please guide me to any tutorials?

Thank you
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
You should first download ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS. Then refer Conceptual and API Reference docs to get yourself familiar with SDK.

Then you can download the samples and test them.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
akpagaakpaga
Deactivated User
Thank you Nimesh for your Guidance..I have installed the IOS and ArCGIs SDK and Wheni Click on the Sample.XcodeProj it opens up in Xcode And When I Hiit Run..It threw an error
"Lexical or Preprocessor issue UIKIt/UIkit.h not found"..Do you have any idea on this issue..thanks
0 Kudos
LarryHurst
Deactivated User
Is there any documentation on the "Offline Inspections Sample - UC 2011 Plenary Demo" sample?
I have downloaded and configured successfully, but only get so far as being able to click on the green sticky note to "Make sure data is downloaded before going into field" and then clicking on the "Start Inspections" yellow sticky note.
That loads some points on the map, but then I do not see anything else happening, and no other buttons to click, etc...
Is there a video showing this app working or some documentation to assist with getting working and loading my own data into the app?
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Which sample Xcode project are you opening? Hope you have Xcode installed correctly.

Regards,
Nimesh

Thank you Nimesh for your Guidance..I have installed the IOS and ArCGIs SDK and Wheni Click on the Sample.XcodeProj it opens up in Xcode And When I Hiit Run..It threw an error
"Lexical or Preprocessor issue UIKIt/UIkit.h not found"..Do you have any idea on this issue..thanks
0 Kudos