AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inline model variable substitution

Question asked by wjtrask on Mar 28, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2013 by Papantzin
Is it possible to use the inline model variable substitution when the input is a list of variables?  I would like to be able to select a number of input soil shapefiles, clip each according to the same clip features, then name each resulting clipped soil shapefile according to its original input name. 

I've made a general input feature (to be clipped) called 'Soil', set it to parameter and a list of values.  I've parsed the name of 'Soil' and set the output variable from here as 'SoilName'.  Finally, I use inline variable substitution for my clipped output feature by calling it 'Clipped_%SoilName%'.  When I run the model, I input 2 features to be clipped: the soils shapefiles of Herkimer County and Montgomery County (in that order).  When it's finished running, I only get the clipped Montgomery County with the name 'Clipped_Herkimer'.

I know that there are other methods of inline variable subing, such as the %i% option, but in this case the name is essential because I will be using this later in the model to perform a table join with each County's massive soils table.  Any thoughts?

Outcomes