Select to view content in your preferred language

Overviewmap / OpenStreetMap / Firefox

Jump to solution
02-23-2012 09:02 AM
JamesVillanueva
Regular Contributor
I am not seeing the map display in the OverviewMap widget when the initial layer is OpenStreetMap in Firefox? I do see it working correctly in IE, Opera, and Chrome.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
James,

This looks like a bug - we'll work on a fix for this issue. In my testing I noticed that if I set the visibility of the overview map to false then the OSM basemap does appear when users click the button to open the overview map. So perhaps you can use this as a workaround until the issue is resolved.

//add the overview map            var overviewMapDijit = new esri.dijit.OverviewMap({             map: map,             visible:false           });           overviewMapDijit.startup(); 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
James,

This looks like a bug - we'll work on a fix for this issue. In my testing I noticed that if I set the visibility of the overview map to false then the OSM basemap does appear when users click the button to open the overview map. So perhaps you can use this as a workaround until the issue is resolved.

//add the overview map            var overviewMapDijit = new esri.dijit.OverviewMap({             map: map,             visible:false           });           overviewMapDijit.startup(); 
0 Kudos
JamesVillanueva
Regular Contributor
I tested this in my code and it works great. It's an excellent workaround for the issue. Thanks for the quick response.
0 Kudos