QueryTask working on iPhone but not on IPad

02-16-2012 09:23 AM
BrandonLand
New Contributor III
My coworker created an iPhone app that queries a group of "Modem events" based on its key and it simply adds the results to a graphic layer and displays them.   It works great on the iPhone but when he created a new project for the IPad and used the same code the Querytask seems to fire off but doesn't return any results (even non graphically.)   He says he has the delegates set, but I wanted to ask if there is any known "difference" or issue here that we might be missing?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RickJones
Occasional Contributor II
Verify the controls are wired up the same in both projects, including delegates.
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Brandon,

There is no difference between iPhone and iPad. You must be missing something in the iPad project.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
BrandonLand
New Contributor III
Ok, my coworker was able to solve the issue.  On his "identical" iphone app he allocated a query task/query from within a "selectedIndexChanged" type event that would edit his "where" clause in the query.  This worked on the iPhone, however, it wasn't until he pulled the alloc/init for both the query task/query into the viewDidLoad event that it worked on the iPad.  The only thing different between the two products is where the ivars were allocated.  Is there any reason why you guys can think of why this would be the case?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Which control has selectedIndexChanged event in iOS SDK. Could you please post some code/sample app here to look?

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos