InfoWindow does not open at Map onclick event location

02-15-2012 06:09 PM
CharlesGeiger
New Contributor III
I have constructed a page with a Query operation to display info about counties in Pennsylvania.  The problem is that when I click on the map the point at which the InfoWindow point and the county that gets highlighted are about a half inch (on the screen) west of where I clicked.  I am using an ArcGIS Online tiled basemap layer and a Dynamic map service of PA counties served on our university server.  I use the variable "spaRef = new esri.SpatialReference({wkid:102100});" every place where the SpatialReference is needed.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
Can you post a repro case? This is probably a CSS issue.
0 Kudos
CharlesGeiger
New Contributor III
Well, that's really weird, but the problem seems to have fixed itself, between when I finished working on it last night at home and bringing it to the office this morning.  I will have to check it again on the home computer tonight.  If you want to have a look at the formerly-offending page, it is: http://mapmaker.millersville.edu/pamaps/PA_65copy.html.

Thanks anyway.  By the way, what is a "repro case?"
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
Glad you got it fixed.  "repro case" means "reproducible case".
0 Kudos
CharlesGeiger
New Contributor III
Update:  I do most of my testing on IE.  At home I have IE9 on Win7.  It is still doing the original problematic behavior.  In Firefox and Chrome, though, the map query behaves properly.  So it seems to be browser-specific.  I'm not enough of a developer to know how to detect the exact processes, though I do know that Firefox's Firebug has the capabilities.  If anyone can recommend steps to take, I will continue to investigate.
0 Kudos
ChrisNelsen
New Contributor II
In IE9 @ home are you in Compatibility View? On one of our web maps, not JavaScriptAPI, we had issues with mouse click locations. It is resolved when Compatibility is turned on.
0 Kudos