How Create .mpk for Tables?

12-27-2011 08:32 AM
Labels (1)
DarleneBanta
New Contributor
I want to only edit a table in my application.  How do I create an .mpk that contains this table?  How do I edit this table using the ArcGIS runtime?  The .mpk I tried to make seems to have 0 layers in it.  When I try to create an mpk with feature layers and these tables the tables seem to be excluded when I load the .mpk into an ArcGISLocalDynamicMapServiceLayer.  Now in ArcMap I removed all feature layers and only have 4 tables left and the "Share" options are disabled.  I'm feeling a bit stuck and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
Darlene
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArtUllman
New Contributor
I could not find a way to create an MPK for FGDB Tables (in order to query and edit non-spatial tables), so I ended up using the File Geodatabase API.  This seems to work pretty well.
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Standalone GDB tables can be included in Map Packages by adding them to your ArcMap document and sharing the map as a Map Package. You will however, need at least one feature class in the map in order for the map package to be valid. This feature class does not need to contain any features. From there, you start a LocalMapService using that MPK and then at Beta 2 you will need to use the FeatureLayer class to interact with (query/edit) the table. Since Beta 2 we have modified the ArcGISLocalFeatureLayer to also support standalone tables.

Note - to work with standalone tables you must have the FeatureLayer in Snapshot mode (or selection only). OnDemand mode does not work with FeatureLayers based on standalone tables because it uses the map extent geometry to request query the service.

Currently the HTML pages for the local server REST directory do not list the table, although it is available via the JSON e.g.:

http://localhost.:50000/RxFdMP/arcgis/rest/services/tableediting/FeatureServer?f=json
http://localhost.:50000/RxFdMP/arcgis/rest/services/tableediting/MapServer?f=json

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos