REST API Join Issues

11-16-2011 07:08 AM
JonathanHouck
New Contributor III
Hi everyone,

Here's what I'm trying to do:  I have table of building inspectors from one of our Oracle databases.  This table changes frequently, based on the work the inspectors will be doing on any given day.  What I'm trying to accomplish is establishing a join to the table (doesn't have to be in Oracle, I can create a data dump) from our parcels and keep only matching records.  End result will be creating a high resolution PDF map of the city with each inspector's routes mapped, which that department can print at their convenience.

I want the matching records to change daily as the table is updated.  I've established a join to the data when it's been exported to a geodatabase table format, but it won't let me update the table without stopping the service, because it gets locked.  Any advice about how to accomplish what I'm trying, or alternate routes to the same result without creating a lot of sloppy extraneous data?

Thanks for your help!

Jon
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor
Jon,
Sorry about my late response.

... but it won't let me update the table without stopping the service, because it gets locked...

if you happen to have 10 SP3, then you should be able to achieve this by setting 'SchemaLockingEnabled' to False in Service Configuration file. please see this help for more info: http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//000400000009000000

Regarding the whole workflow - I was wondering why can't you set a 'Definition Expression' to the joined layer to pull (and of course join) only data for that given day from the table. That way you can get rid off this intermediate FGDB.

/Tanu
0 Kudos