How do I display multiple callouts on the mapview at once?

11-03-2011 12:35 PM
LauraAdams1
New Contributor
I feel like this should have a simple solution, but I have not been able to figure it out.

I am using this method to display a callout on the mapview:
[mapView showCalloutAtPoint:nil forGraphic:graphic animated:NO]

Which works, but will only display one callout at a time. Is there a simple way to get more than one callout to appear on the mapview at the same time?

Thanks!
6 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
It is not possible to show multiple callouts. At anytime, there can be only one callout on the map. Could you please describe your use case where you need multiple callouts on the map?

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Occasional Contributor III
When showing callouts programmatically, it might make sense to show more than one callout. Unless there is a way to show multiple features highlighted at the same time - that could be a workaround if this idea is already in place. I don't know if there is a way to highlight features.

Here is one case that might be worth considering. We have a tableView on one page. We have a mapView on the other page. The tableView contains records that correspond to graphics on the mapView. The user selects multiple records in the tableView then switches to the mapView to see the corresponding graphics either with callouts or the graphics are highlighted.
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Paul,

The simplest thing in your case to do is to change the symbol of the selected graphics so they can look different (highlited).

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Occasional Contributor III
Thank you for your help, Nimesh. I may ask later for an example of how this might be done in code. For now I am using a callout. The callout should work since I only need one callout at a time. I will post a new thread about the callout since I have not been able to get it working.
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Ok..

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
NigelDsouza
Occasional Contributor
Hi,
I have a situation where I query a service and whatever results(Point features only) are returned should be shown on the map.
I have achieved this by putting the results into graphics and then in a graphic layer.
However when these features appear on a map I want a label or a callout over all of them displaying a attribute(in this case just a name).
How do I achieve this?
Regards,
Nigel.
0 Kudos