Code Assist plugin for ArcGIS JavaScript API 2.5 - not available...???

10-14-2011 11:46 AM
AnnaArzrumtsyan
New Contributor
I would like to download the code assist plugin for ArcGIS Java Script API (version 2.5). There is a link to the download file on the following blog:

http://blogs.esri.com/Dev/blogs/arcgisserver/archive/2009/03/24/Code-assistance-for-the-ArcGIS-JavaS...

However, when I click on this link provided by ESRI on that blog http://resources.esri.com/arcgisserver/apis/javascript/arcgis/index.cfm?fa=codeGalleryDetails&script... it takes me to the general resource page and I cannot find the code assist file.

Could someone please point me to the correct link for the code assist file. I want to use it in Aptana Studio 3. I looked for it online but couldn�??t find it.

Thanks,
Anna
0 Kudos
8 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Unfortunately we do not have a Code Assist  plug-in for any version of the API that works with Aptana Studio 3. At version 3, Aptana changed the way Code Assist works and there have been some technical challenges with building Code Assist for version 3. We are working to resolve these issues and hope to have an update soon.
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
Unfortunately we do not have a Code Assist  plug-in for any version of the API that works with Aptana Studio 3. At version 3, Aptana changed the way Code Assist works and there have been some technical challenges with building Code Assist for version 3. We are working to resolve these issues and hope to have an update soon.

Thanks for the update Kelly.  Is there any plans to support Netbeans? It is very popular.
0 Kudos
AnnaArzrumtsyan
New Contributor

Thank you for the update, Kelly! Is there a Code Assist for 2.5 version that works in any other environment, other than Aptana 3?
0 Kudos
SimonEarnshaw
New Contributor III

Any update on when this is due to be released Kelly?
0 Kudos
GaneshSolai_Sambandam
New Contributor III
Any update on when this is due to be released Kelly?

Hello GIS Developers,
Can anyone assist me in providing Aptana Studio 2.0 version please to run the ARCGIS Javascript plugins. I am unable to find the Aptana studio 2.0 version on the Aptana studio website and on the download section it only has verion 2.05 which is again incompatiable to install the ARCGIS Javascript plugins. If anyone has version 2.0. archive on your system, is it possible to upload them to my mail - ganeshssac@yahoo.com

Thanks you very much in advance who ever send has the software.
0 Kudos
AndyGup
Esri Regular Contributor
@ganeshssac I have the .exe for Aptana 2.0.3 if that will work? I'll also ping you at your yahoo email and create a temporary dropbox location for it. It's 101 MBs which is too big to send via email.
0 Kudos
GaneshSolai_Sambandam
New Contributor III
HI Andy,
Thank you very much for getting back to my queries on the forum. Can you please upload the Aptana studio2.03 version on the drop location and send the link to my inbox - ganeshssac@yahoo.com. Does the Aptana 2.03 version able to read to ARCGIS  Javascript library plugins on them?
0 Kudos
AndyGup
Esri Regular Contributor
@ ganeshssac I've sent you the link, let me know if you don't receive it. I can verify that Aptana v2.0.3 works with the code assist plugin for ArcGIS API for JavaScript v2.6. However, I haven't had a chance to test it with v2.7 yet. Perhaps someone in the community can help with that? Or, if I get a chance to test it this week I'll post an update.
0 Kudos