Model Builder issue

10-06-2011 06:41 AM
TonyAlmeida
Occasional Contributor II
I have a model that run perfect last month, but now all the sudden it doesn't work. I can't figure out why. So i created another model with a few of the tools from my fist model and it runs fine. My fist one runs but there is no data in the attributes. Has anyone had this happen to them? Any one know what's cause my fist model to not run correctly?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor
What was your first model built on: 9.3.1/10?
Is it breaking on the same version?
Did you install any service packs after the 1st and the 2nd run?

Try opening your model.
From model menu>Validate entire model?
Do any of your tools turn white? If yes, Open the tool dialog and see which parameter has a problem.

Try and let me know.
0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida
It was created in 10, i did Validate entire model and Delete Intermediate Data.

Interesting findings... after re-creating the model everything worked fine, but once i added some spatial joins and ran the model my attributes are empty. With the same model i deleted the spatial joins i added and validated the model and no errors. The feature class is created but the attributes are empty. Could it be the spatial joins corrupting the model?
0 Kudos
ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor
I am not sure if Spatial Join is the culprit.

Is it possible to share your model (or model part that is breaking) with a subset of your data?
It would be easier to find the problem if I can see what is happening in the model and what the workflow is.
0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida
What i thought was the problem is not the problem. I ran the model again and i got blank attributes. I made the test model as simple as possible. It seems as when i run the second test run some how in the Add Join tool the Input Join Field is not correct. When i first created the model and made "Make Feature Layer" and added a "Add Join" the Input Join field options where "ACCOUNT". When i click on the Input Join Field pull down after i run the model the second time and get blank attributes i get the following "vector.DBO.Taxparcels.ACCOUNT" so some how it gets changed. So then i change it to match what the pull down indicates are available "vector.DBO.Taxparcels.ACCOUNT". I click Validate entre Model and i get no errors, then i run the model and i get an error Failed to execute (Add Join). Then i go back to the "Add Join" and now the Input Join field options have changed back to just "ACCOUNT". After I change it back to "ACCOUNT" and run the model it's still giving me blank attributes... I deleted the "Feature class to feature class tool" and added it back and now it runs and it populates the attribute fields.Any ideas on why this happens?
0 Kudos
ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Tony Almeida,

The field list that you are seeing is valid. The field list is the current state of the layer. If the layer is joined then it shows joined fields. Say for example, you wanted to do an additional join, you would want to see these fields. You will have to remove the join to see a pre-joined list of fields.
0 Kudos