LaunchGPTool

09-29-2011 06:17 AM
JamesVillanueva
New Contributor III
Is it possible to get the desktop steps source code posted to the resource gallery? I am particularly interested the implementation of the LaunchGPTool. I am trying to gain insight on how you could run a GP Tool and store the input parameters for use by the steps following the GP Tool Execution.

If I ran create featureclass, It would be nice to be able to get the name and location of the created featureclass. Then in the next step, I could use the stored information to copy features into the created featureclass.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrianDemers
Esri Contributor
Hi,

Starting with Workflow Manager 10.0 SP2 (I think), the sample steps provided with the desktop software include a step called "ExecuteGPTool", which is similar to the "LaunchGPTool" custom step.  Have a look in the Workflow Manager install directory under "...\Developer Kit\Samples\CustomSteps\ExecuteGPTool".

Also, keep in mind that the "LaunchGPTool" step can run geoprocessing models and scripts.  It sounds like you may just need a model that copies some features from one location to another...?

I hope that helps.

Brian D.
0 Kudos
JamesVillanueva
New Contributor III
I have seen this example. I was hoping to see something a little more complete. I was also interested in seeing how the editor was created and associated with the custom step.
0 Kudos
BrianDemers
Esri Contributor
Ah, gotcha.  Regarding the editor (if I'm following), the "CreateChildJobsAdvanced" sample step includes some configuration dialogs; that might be a helpful one to review.
0 Kudos