WPF Windows Form and a DockableWindow?

09-01-2011 12:07 PM
GregRieck
Occasional Contributor III
Hello,

Is it possible to put a WPF Windows form in a DockableWindow? How do I get the UID of the WPF Window form?  Any sample code would be appreciated.

I can just Show() the form but it doesn't stay on top of the ArcGIS desktop unless I use TopMost. Plus I like the features of the DockableWindow.

This is NOT an Add-In implementation.

G
0 Kudos
3 Replies
marcoscholten
New Contributor
You could embed your WPF controls in an elementhost on a Windows Forms form and put that in a dockable window.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.integration.elementhost.aspx
0 Kudos
JoelFerreyra
New Contributor II
Hello, a question, how did you open a dockable window from a toolbar? I have a solution Visual.NET with tools already created, try to add a dockable toolbar window, but I fail to operate, this is not an Add-In. Please Help me!!

Greetings.
0 Kudos
JohnHauck
Occasional Contributor II
Please take a look at the Creating dockable windows help topic. This topic describes three ways to implement a custom dockable window: using add-ins, extending ArcObjects by manually implementing Component Object Model (COM) interfaces, and using the Dockable Window template in the ArcObjects .NET Software Development Kit (SDK).

Under this topic you will also see a couple of samples that demonstrate the use of these.
0 Kudos