AppROT in ArcGIS10

01-25-2011 06:30 AM
JanosHars
New Contributor
I'm migrating a standalone VB.NET program from ArcGIS 9.3.1 to 10. In the program the AppROT class is used to scan what ArcGIS applications are opened & fire the application remove or add. It works fine in 9.3.1 but in ArcGIS 10 the

Dim pAppRot As AppROT = New AppROT

statement throw this error:
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FABC30FB-D273-11D2-9F36-00C04F6BC61A} failed due to the following error: 80040111.

I read in the ArcObject SDK Help / How to migrate ArcGIS 9.3 Desktop and Engine stand-alone applications to ArcGIS 10, that:
'Insert this line before the InitializeComponent() method in Public Sub New().
ESRI.ArcGIS.RuntimeManager.Bind(ESRI.ArcGIS.ProductCode.Engine)

I inserted this line and the program worked in debug mode, but running the program the previous error was thrown at the same statement. Is there any idea to solve this problem?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShaneHelm
New Contributor
I'm migrating a standalone VB.NET program from ArcGIS 9.3.1 to 10. In the program the AppROT class is used to scan what ArcGIS applications are opened & fire the application remove or add. It works fine in 9.3.1 but in ArcGIS 10 the

Dim pAppRot As AppROT = New AppROT

statement throw this error:
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FABC30FB-D273-11D2-9F36-00C04F6BC61A} failed due to the following error: 80040111.

I read in the ArcObject SDK Help / How to migrate ArcGIS 9.3 Desktop and Engine stand-alone applications to ArcGIS 10, that:
'Insert this line before the InitializeComponent() method in Public Sub New().
ESRI.ArcGIS.RuntimeManager.Bind(ESRI.ArcGIS.ProductCode.Engine)

I inserted this line and the program worked in debug mode, but running the program the previous error was thrown at the same statement. Is there any idea to solve this problem?

Did you resolve this issue? I am having the same problem.

Cheers
0 Kudos
JohnHauck
Occasional Contributor II
If you start a new project in Visual Studio using one of the ESRI templates provided with the SDK do you see the same error? If not it may give you some ideas of what may need to change. If this doesn't help please post the project.
0 Kudos