Address locator not working as a Python script

07-28-2011 09:03 AM
LorindaGilbert
Occasional Contributor II
Okay,
Have gotten several items to work with the python scripting now.  However, I have created a composite address locator that runs perfectly well in ArcMap.  When I run it as a python command, nothing matches.

snippets of code:
CAUfile = "caufile.txt"
AddLoc1 = "PointAddressLocator"
AddLoc2 = "StreetLocator"
AddComp = "CompositeLocator"
GeoColumn = "Address Adress VISIBLE NONE"

arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = True

arcpy.GeocodeAddresses_geocoding(CAUfile,AddComp,GeoColumn,wksp+"\Geoed")

I have tried it as well with GeoColumn = "Address"

Running Win7 x64; Arc10 SP1

The PointLocator uses single field of address
StreetLocator uses Address with nothing for the City

Thanks

ETA:  When running one of the address locators -point locator- by itself, it runs from python and matches.
Why can't you use a composite locator in Python?  That seems to defeat the purpose of allowing them in the first place.  There are many times when the data doesn't hit on one locator.  The data in this case is coming in as both single point addresses and as intersections.  And some of the addresses don't match exactly to the situs address we have in the system, but they do match as far as along a range on the street.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PatKeegan
Occasional Contributor
I had the exact same problem. I switched to a 32bit machine and the problem does not occur.

works on Win7 x86; Arc10 SP1

does not work on Win7 x64; Arc10 SP1

-Pat Keegan
0 Kudos
LorindaGilbert
Occasional Contributor II
That's not good to hear.  We went with the x64 because of the added horsepower that is needed for our lovely friend ESRI.  And I know that the folks that I am writing this script for have machines set up like ours.

Wonder if we will be lucky enough that 10.1 will address and FIX this problem.

Thanks.
0 Kudos