Retrieving attributes of graphics

07-11-2011 01:59 PM
AndrewBrown1
Occasional Contributor II
Hello all,

I'm trying to retrieve the attributes from the map graphics located on the map after an identify task is executed. It has worked in the past, but all of a sudden it stopped working. I think that it might be related to something in the MXD or the spatial database...

Here is everything executed, step by step.

I'm using an identify task to place a map.graphic at a location where a point is located:

layer contains the layerId(s), and geometry contains the geometry of the user-drawn freehand shape

function selectQueryFunction(layer, geometry){

identifyParams = new esri.tasks.IdentifyParameters(); 
          identifyParams.tolerance = 3; 
          identifyParams.returnGeometry = true; 
          identifyParams.layerIds = [layer];
          identifyParams.layerOption = esri.tasks.IdentifyParameters.LAYER_OPTION_VISIBLE;
          identifyParams.geometry = geometry;
          identifyParams.mapExtent  = map.extent; 
          identifyParams.width  = map.width; 
          identifyParams.height = map.height; 
          identifyTask.execute(identifyParams, function(identifyResults){

dojo.forEach(identifyResults, function(results){
              var graphic = results.feature;
              switch(results.geometryType){

case "esriGeometryPoint":
                symbol = new esri.symbol.SimpleMarkerSymbol();
                break;
                case "esriGeometryPolygon":
                symbol = new esri.symbol.SimpleFillSymbol(esri.symbol.SimpleFillSymbol.STYLE_SOLID, new esri.symbol.SimpleLineSymbol(esri.symbol.SimpleLineSymbol.STYLE_SOLID, new dojo.Color([98, 194, 204]), 2), new dojo.Color([98, 194, 204, 0.5]));
                break;
              }
              graphic.setSymbol(symbol);
              map.graphics.add(graphic);
            });

});

}

If I use Aptana 3's debugger for Firefox, I stopped it right as the graphic is being added to the map, and I examined the attributes. Currently, it only shows one, the shape as a point, which is correct. Previously, it displayed all of the attribute fields available for that feature, such as the name, location, site_name, etc.

Why have the additional fields stopped being added to the map graphics? I never turned anything on and off, the fields are all set to visible, including OBJECTID (which isn't visible). I previously had custom aliases, which contained spaces, and they weren't working well with the itemdatastore I had for my datagrid, so I had to revert back to the basic field name. Once I reverted back, this started happening.

I even restarted the mapping service based on a brand new MXD, with layers being added via ArcCatalog and resymbolized. Previously, there were no attribute fields (seen via the debugger), but now I am so fortunate to have the "shape" field.

Please help... this viewer is supposed to be completed this week and all of a sudden this started happening.

Thanks,
Andrew
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewBrown1
Occasional Contributor II
I also want to note that at the very first startup, I set a breakpoint. Once it stopped, I examined the identify results via the debugger's variable window, and once I expanded the attributes object, all of the fields were listed, but with a funny symbol next to them (instead of the green dot Aptana uses). I clicked on one and then they all instantly disappeared. The shape field remained.
0 Kudos