use own marker, onclick and html pop up window

05-23-2011 11:21 AM
BenediktDieser
New Contributor
Hello everyone,
i would like to use my own map, without a basemap in a web page. (my map is uploaded on arcserver)

then i would like to add some markers that i designed myself and uploaded them on arcserver. so i can import them.

the next thing i would like to add is a specific pop up window for each marker that shows some html formatted text or maybe a pic as well. it should pop up when i click on the marker. but not just an infowindow that shows the content table of the marker.

i worked all that out for google maps, but i cant find the right parts in the esri forums and bring them together. i am sruggeling with the sourcecode of esri.

I guess there is quite an easy way of doing it, but as i said, i couldnt find it yet.
this forum helped me with lots of problems yet and i am shure you guys have an aswer for that as well. would be great if you could post some examples of the source code as well, cause as i said i am new to this.
hope to hear of you soon
thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
Hi Benedikt,

Quite a few questions here...in the future, I'd recommend you try to stick to a single focused question for each post and note specifically what you've tried and where you're stuck. This forum works much better when discussing narrow topics rather than how to develop an entire app. That being said, I'll try to address your questions.

The only difference when using your own basemap as opposed to one from ArcGIS Online is the URL you supply to either ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer or ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer. To set up your map, take a look at this sample, just swap the arcgisonline.com URL with the URL for your map service:  http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jssamples/map_topo.html

To use your own markers, put them somewhere on your web server and then create PictureMarkerSymbols using your custom icons. The Topographic Basemap with Graphics sample shows how to create PictureMarkerSymbols.

Once you have your marker symbols, you can start creating and adding graphics. To get what you've described for your info window/popup content, take a look at the Feature Layer from Feature Collection sample. It has nicely formatted popups with an embedded image. Good luck!
0 Kudos