Using the Geostatistical Wizard in modelbuilder

05-19-2011 09:12 PM
KylePurdon
New Contributor
I want to create a model to go from a set of points to an interpolated raster using the Ordinary Kriging function in the Geostatistical Wizard. I can do everything in the model but am not sure how I would call the Geostatistical Wizard to set the parameters for the interpolation. Is this possible?

Example:
Input (Point Set w/ Surface, Thickness, Bed Values)
Output: 3 Raster's of Surface, Thickness, Bed
Interpolation Method: Ordinary Kriging with a variogram model specific to each attribute (Calculated in Geostatistical Wizard.)

Any help is much appreciated. I do this over and over and over and over again with new point sets so this model will be a huge time saver if I can get it to work.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThomasDilts
Occasional Contributor III
Kyle,

You can't call up the Geostatistical Wizard in ModelBuilder.  What you can do is run some data through the geostatistical wizard to parameterize your model, save it as a geostatistical layer file, and then use that file in subsequent steps using the geostatistical tools in ArcToolbox.  This approach may be appropriate provided that your variogram parameter, like the nugget, sill, and range, don't change much between datasets.
0 Kudos