ArcHydro 9 & 10: Adjoint Catchment: Empty Feature Class

05-05-2011 07:11 AM
Labels (1)
PeterWilson
Occasional Contributor III
I have run all the preprocessing steps with success until I reach "Adjoint Catchment". If I run the tool from the toolbar it processes all the catchments and drainage lines based on the amount of records found in the attribute table, yet it outputs an empty feature class. If I run the "Adjoint Catchment" tool from the toolbox it process all the records and reports the following error: "No records found for HydroID assignment". I have ensured that both the drainage lines and catchments have HydroID's as well as Next Down Stream ID's. I have also ensured that my temp directory has been emptied. Any advice to solve the following would be appreciated.

Unfortunately my study area is too large to upload the drainage lines and catchments.

Regards
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBoucher
Make sure you don't have anything selected before that process is started.
Running from model builder sometimes reveals more feedback, though it is not all that descriptive most of the time.
0 Kudos
PeterWilson
Hi Mark

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll let you know if I come right.

Regards
0 Kudos
PeterWilson
Hi Mark

I resolved the errors and the empty adjoint catchment by uninstalling ArcHydro and installing the latest version from the ESRI ftp server, thanks for you advice.

Regards
0 Kudos