ArcPad 'memo' field

04-22-2011 12:19 PM
kevinkovacs1
New Contributor II
I'm not sure if this is an arcpad problem, argis problem or just something that I've overlooked. 

The problems is in text fields with large character limitations (1,073,741,822 characters).  I've created a file gdb with feature classes, non-spatial tables and relationship classes.  all of the tables (including feature classes) were originaly imported from Access 2003.  I've used the arcpad data manager in arcmap to check out the gdb to arcpad.  After I collect data (data collection goes smoothly/no errors) and check gdb back in, all of the data gets checked back in (including other text fields with smaller character limits) with the exception of any text fields with the above limit on characters. 

Does anyone have any idea where I'm going wrong??  Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

Kevin
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
kevinkovacs1
New Contributor II
The problem does appear to be in arcpad.  I've edited the text fields in question, saved the data and exited data entry.  When reviewing the same data, large character limit fields are again blank.  I still have no answers, but at least I know where the problem is.
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Kevin,

File geodatabase fields have limit of 255 characters max; same applies to Personal geodatabase.You may try converting "memo" field to "text" field and retry but I believe you will again hit the 255 character limit.

Cheers,
Denise
0 Kudos