Dynamic map does not draw/overlay properly on cached map?

04-15-2011 07:42 AM
CindyLu
New Contributor
Hello,

I have a issue with my dynamic map overlay on cached map service. I have a cached map service act as my base map. Then I have 3 more dynamic map services on top of it. I am doing query on the data and the map will zoom to the query results. But I once it finished the query, the javascript will zoom in to an area with base map and one dynamic service on top of it. Then strange things happened: The dynamic map will refresh again to the full extent and displayed the dynamic map on the base map without proper overlay (base map zoomed to a area, while dynamic map zoomed to the full extent). It happened to me few times, but not all the time.

Can anyone have a clue what is wrong here?

I highly appreciate any help from you!

Cindy
0 Kudos
1 Reply
CindyLu
New Contributor
Hello,

I find the reason for this incorrect overlay - The app send request to map service to zoom to a bigger area. But the reply takes longer because there are more data in this area. Then the user zoomed in, and send the second request. Because the second request is to zoom to a smaller area, so the response is much faster and displayed an map. Then the response for the first request comes back and displayed a much bigger area (map) on top of the basemap (smaller area).

Can anyone tell me how can I handle the map service response - either the user won't be able to do the send request before the first request finish, or terminate the first request if the user placed a second request (which I proffer in my application).

Thank you very much for any kind of help you may provide!

Cindy
===========================
Hello,

I have a issue with my dynamic map overlay on cached map service. I have a cached map service act as my base map. Then I have 3 more dynamic map services on top of it. I am doing query on the data and the map will zoom to the query results. But I once it finished the query, the javascript will zoom in to an area with base map and one dynamic service on top of it. Then strange things happened: The dynamic map will refresh again to the full extent and displayed the dynamic map on the base map without proper overlay (base map zoomed to a area, while dynamic map zoomed to the full extent). It happened to me few times, but not all the time.

Can anyone have a clue what is wrong here?

I highly appreciate any help from you!

Cindy
0 Kudos