Iterating through 3 separate feature classes containing common unique IDs in Model builder

10-14-2020 01:44 PM
ClementLarson
New Contributor II

have some data that I would like to run through network analysis. The data consists of 3 feature classes:

• Origins

• Destinations

• Barriers

All three of these feature classes contain a field called [RouteName] and share a common value for each set of features that need to added as stops and barriers in the network analysis. I have built a model, that correctly builds a route, if I have a definition query turned on for all 3 of my point feature classes (e.g. [RouteName]=25).

My question is how can I develop a route for each [RouteName] ID either using model builder or programmatically. I only want the route to load 1 record (with the same ID) from each of the 3 feature classes (2 stops and a barrier) at a time, ignoring all others records while solving the route. I have tried using an iterator, but it seems like I can only iterate for one feature class in the model, at a time.

I think I need to find a way to iterate through the matching [RouteName] id's in my origins, destinations and barriers, so I only load 3 at a time for the routing solution, and then move on to the [RouteName] and repeat. I'm not sure how to do that. Anybody have advice for me? I've attached a image of my current model.

0 Kudos
0 Replies