AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't open widget programatically in Launchpad Theme in "Configure App" after changing scene

Question asked by levmichael on Oct 2, 2020

In WEB AppBuilder (Developer Edition) 2.17, Launchpad Theme, 3D scene,

I open a custom-widget from within LayerList widget by calling the function BaseWidget.openWidgetById and after the promise returns, LayerList widget calls some function inside that custom-widget..

It works well, but when I'm inside WAB and I open the app by clicking "Configure App", and then I change Scene, the custom-widget is not opened, i.e. the promise does not return.

Indeed, if afterwards I click on the icon of that custom-widget, the promise "awakes" and returns and the function inside that custom-widget is called from within LayerList widget.

I suspect that this phenomenon stems from the fact that in Launchpad Theme, after changing Scene, widgets-panel classes names are changed, and since only the scene had changed and I don't see a reason to change the class names, may be it's a bug in Launchpad Theme?

My question - How to achieve that in Launchpad Theme, also in "configure app" mode after changing Scene, the custom-widget will be opened from within LayerList widget? (maybe if I can set that widgets-panel classes names will not be changed when changing scene, it'll also solve the problem)

Outcomes