Is it possible to create attribute rule arcade expression calling webservice and processing result

09-09-2020 01:09 AM
Jens_Dalsgaard
Occasional Contributor

Upon insert or move of a certain feature I would like to call a service (using X and Y as input) and use the returned result for updating an attribute on the feature in question.

This seems like something I should write an Arcade expression for. But does Arcade support the call of a service and using of the returned result?

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
jens.dalsgaard&@volue.com
Volue Technology Denmark A/S
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
9220 Aalborg Øst, Denmark
volue.com
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jens_Dalsgaard ,

Unfortunately, at this moment in Arcade it is not possible to call a service (execute a GP service or similar things) and process the response. I have heard that this is under consideration, but I don't know when it is available. 

0 Kudos
Jens_Dalsgaard
Occasional Contributor

Any idea about where I may seek further information on whether and when such capability may be available. Seems pretty relevant considering Esri promoting the service-based architecture.

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
jens.dalsgaard&@volue.com
Volue Technology Denmark A/S
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
9220 Aalborg Øst, Denmark
volue.com
0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jens_Dalsgaard ,

Unfortunately, I don't know where this information would be available. It may have been mentioned on one of the road maps, but then it will only state near-, mid- or long-term.

0 Kudos