AnsweredAssumed Answered

Render nested content in widget view

Question asked by bromlein on Aug 10, 2020
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2020 by bromlein

Using 4.X api and TypeScript to create a custom widget. I'm having trouble rendering nested lists. My render method renders a list of layer groups, and lists of layers within each group:

render() {
    const groupList = this.viewModel.layerGroups.map((layerGroupLayerGroupi=> 
        <div key={i} data-layer={layerGroup} onclick={this._expand} id={layerGroup.group}> {layerGroup.group}
             <div id={layerGroup.group + "_container"} class={CSS.layerGroup + ' ' + CSS.layerGroup__hidden}>
               {layerGroup.layers.map(layer => <div data-layer = {layer} class={layer.status==="active" ? CSS.layerActiveCSS.layerInactive} onclick={this._toggle}>{layer.name}</div>)}
             </div>
        </div>);
    return (<div>{groupList}</div>);
  }

The problem I have is that this renders the layer containers as children of the group element. Because of this, any time a click event happens on a layer (to call _toggle), an event happens on the group (inadvertently calling _expand), since the layer is within the group. How can I add elements to my VDOM so that they are appended, rather than added as children?

In other words, with nested lists like:

groups = [ { name: group1, layers: [layer1, layer2, layer3] } { name: group2, layers: [layer4, layer5] } ... ],
how can I get a structure like this:

<div id='group'>{group name}</div>
<div id='container'>
  <div> Layer Item </div>

</div>

instead of what I'm currently getting:

<div id='group'> {group name}
   <div id='container'>

<div> Layer Item </div>

</div>

</div>

Outcomes