New Workforce - Worker status not updating

Jump to solution
08-07-2020 12:42 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a new Workforce project I created using the new version. Worker status is not updating in the dispatch map. This was working yesterday. Today, I created a copy of the dispatch map and a Dashboard using that copy. I also created a join layer of assignments and assignment types for use in the dashboard. I have not made any changes that I can think of that would affect the worker layer.

Is there anything I can check or has anyone experienced a similar issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matt,

• A sync won't occur until the auto-sync if a worker updates their status?
    • Correct. However, when the Worker edits a Workforce feature (i.e. an Assignments, their Worker status or location), Workforce will perform the Sync every 60 secs instead of every 15 mins.
  • What designates a mobile worker "moving"?
    • In order to minimize location drift or cases where the Worker moves the device but doesn't actually change their location; we apply a distance filter to ensure location updates exceed the filter value.  So, if you're trying to trigger a location update and you're not moving more than ~ 10 m, you won't see a location update.
  • Is there a way to change the default 15-min auto-sync time?
    • There isn't. We didn't include this in the release because from our testing, the 60 sec sync handled scenarios to update Workforce information to the service.
    • Are you looking to increase the frequency of the Sync?

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt,

We haven't seen this, can you go into some more detail on what you mean by "Worker status is not updating in the dispatch map."? Is it just the Worker status or is it location AND status?  Is this for Workers in the project?  How are you testing that the status is not updating?  Are you on iOS or Android?

If you create a new Workforce project and add the workers to it - do you see the same issue?

thanks, Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is kind of difficult to answer because I am the only mobile worker actively using this project at the moment... but if I set my status to "On break" or "Not Working" in the mobile app (iOS), the dispatch map (web app) still shows my status as "Working". Yes, I am a Worker in the project. I am setting my status to "On Break" or "Not Working" in the mobile app and checking the dispatch map (web app).

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well... after several trips to/from my backyard, it seems that my status is now updating again. I guess I just needed to get out of the house!

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Matt.  I'm guessing you were relying on the automatic sync to kick in and change the worker status?  As in, you are not manually tapping Sync Now?

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not exactly sure what was going on. I'm pretty sure that I manually synced but maybe I closed the app before it actually completed? I also may have misunderstood the auto-sync feature.

According to Help / Dispatch work / Manage work / Monitor mobile workers

When mobile workers are updating assignments or moving, a sync occurs every minute.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matt,

• Correct. However, when the Worker edits a Workforce feature (i.e. an Assignments, their Worker status or location), Workforce will perform the Sync every 60 secs instead of every 15 mins.
    • In order to minimize location drift or cases where the Worker moves the device but doesn't actually change their location; we apply a distance filter to ensure location updates exceed the filter value.  So, if you're trying to trigger a location update and you're not moving more than ~ 10 m, you won't see a location update.
    • There isn't. We didn't include this in the release because from our testing, the 60 sec sync handled scenarios to update Workforce information to the service.
    • Are you looking to increase the frequency of the Sync?

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Craig. I appreciate the clarification. My experience with the worker status not appearing to update was probably a combination of factors. It helps to gain a better understanding of how sync works in this new version of Workforce. I'm looking forward to the workforce coordination capabilities in Phase II of the ArcGIS Field Maps release.

0 Kudos
AdejumoBidemi
New Contributor III

@CraigGillgrass wondering if the mobile worker app can switch to not working when the app is closed or shutdown? I actually uninstall the app from my phone and it still shows me as working.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AdejumoBidemi unfortunately no, not with the Workforce app.

You could have a python script running that checks the Worker status and the last update time; this script would then change the Worker status once some period of time has elapsed.

Craig

0 Kudos