AnsweredAssumed Answered

Two python site-packages

Question asked by ambrandao on Apr 24, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 27, 2020 by ambrandao

Hello when I install ArcGis 10.7.1, since I already had a previous Python version installed in "C:\Python27", I decided to change to another folder "C:\Python2716". Now I know that the installation in the same folder would not create a conflict with the previous version since the ArcGis install it in another folder "C:\Python2716\ArcGIS10.7". Now I moved the folder Arcgis to "C:\Python27\ArcGIS10.7" and changed the windows paths.

Now the paths are:

>>> import os
>>> print os.sys.path
['', 'C:\\Windows\\system32', 'C:\\Python27\\ArcGIS10.7\\Lib\\idlelib', 'C:\\Windows\\SYSTEM32\\python27.zip', 'C:\\Python27\\ArcGIS10.7\\DLLs', 'C:\\Python27\\ArcGIS10.7\\lib', 'C:\\Python27\\ArcGIS10.7\\lib\\plat-win', 'C:\\Python27\\ArcGIS10.7\\lib\\lib-tk', 'C:\\Python27\\ArcGIS10.7', 'C:\\Users\\Antonio\\AppData\\Roaming\\Python\\Python27\\site-packages', 'C:\\Python27\\ArcGIS10.7\\lib\\site-packages', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ArcGIS\\Desktop10.7\\bin', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ArcGIS\\Desktop10.7\\ArcPy', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ArcGIS\\Desktop10.7\\ArcToolBox\\Scripts', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ArcGIS\\WMX\\Desktop10.7\\bin', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ArcGIS\\WMX\\Desktop10.7\\arcpy']

And the ArcGis software doesn't start. I suppose there is a conflict in the "site-packages" because now it have two places for the library's.

When I use:

>>> import site
>>> site.getsitepackages()
['C:\\Python27\\ArcGIS10.7', 'C:\\Python27\\ArcGIS10.7\\lib\\site-packages']

it only tell me that is this one.

I need do install install Numpy 1.9.3 as required.

I understand that could be more like a system question but maybe in Esri community I can have a better answer that is in respect to the software.

I don't want to uninstall the Arcgis, because is a student version and I don't want to wait for a week for another license.

Is there any way to solve?

Thanks.

Outcomes