Best Practices For Updating Multiple Copies of SDE Feature Class

04-21-2020 11:30 AM
LeviCecil
Occasional Contributor III

I have a sync enabled feature class in an sde. It is around 15000 rooms across nearly 100 buildings. The data attributes come from an IBM Tririga database. I have a Python script that checks a REST endpoint from Tririga to see if there have been any attribute changes in the last week. If so, the script updates the row in the feature class accordingly. I have two copies of this data in a dev sde (local projection and web mercator) and two copies in a production sde. What I want to accomplish is making these changes in all four versions of the feature class at once. I know that geodatabases can be replicated, but can features? There are usually a handful of space changes every week, so I don't want to make three copies of the edited feature class every time a single line is updated. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Levi,

Feature classes can participate in replication. When syncing edits, only the changes are synced. Geodatabase Replication would be easiest way to accomplish this.  You could even call the Synchronize Changes command in your python script.

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

Cool, thank you. I don't want the geodatabases replicated, since one is dev and one is production. Is it still possible to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Are you ok with just the two feature classes being replicated?

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

The four, but yes. 

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Cool, you can replicate the two feature classes from Dev to Prod.  See the steps in the below link:

Create a one-way replica—Geodatabases | Documentation