AnsweredAssumed Answered

Public Transit Data Model

Question asked by christian.muetzel_private on Apr 7, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2020 by christian.muetzel_private

Hi,

I'm currently manually creating a network dataset for the MRT system with 12 lines following the "Network Analyst public transit data model" as described in the Help section.

However, I'm a bit confused about how to make sure that each MRT Line can run in both directions (from stop 1 to 25 and the other way round from stop 25 to 1 etc.)? Do I have to copy the lines in order to make them run in both directions? So far I have already prepared the follwing file:

• LineVariantElements, Stops (Transit_Network)
  • CalendarExceptions
  • Calendars
  • Lines
  • LineVariants
  • Runs
  • ScheduleElements
  • Schedules

If I understand everything correct, which station is followed by which station in my MRT system is defined by the "ScheduleElements" table in the "SqIdx" Field. So far I have only modeled one direction (for example, stop 1 to 25) for each MRT line and added the runs for that direction. In my data, the duration from station 1 to station 25 is the same as from station 25 to station 1, but the schedule (Departure) is not the same for both directions. For example, from stop 1 to stop 25 the first MRT departs at 06:03 but from stop 25 to stop 1 the first MRT departs at 06:07.

How/where can I define which station is followed by which station as well as the runs for the opposite direction (stop 25 to 1)? So far my thought is that I have to add the data for the opposite direction into the files "ScheduleElements" and "Runs", too. Is this correct?

I double-checked with the example provided by the "Create and use a network dataset with public transit data" Tutorial, but I couldn't find that routes have seperate entries for two directions in those files (or atleast I couldn't it figure out by myself).

Best regards

Christian

Outcomes